Another Fresh recipe! And this one is much much much (much x 3!) easier to make than the Ninja bowl and just as tasty. Apparently this is the most popular rice bowl for newbies to Fresh. Thank you to Ruth Tal & Jennifer Houston for the recipe (from the refresh cookbook).
6 cups cooked brown basmati rice
1 1/2 cups Marinated Tofu Cubes (see Ninja Bowl blog post for marinade recipe)
1 batch Thai Peanut Sauce, heated (see below)
4 cups bean sprouts (I used alfalfa sprouts)
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1/2 cucumber, sliced and cut into half-moon shapes
1 tomato, sliced and cut into half-moon shapes
1 lemon, cut in wedges
1. Put 1 1/2 cups of cooked brown basmati rice in a large rice bowl.
2. Top with a portion of Marinated Tofu Cubes in the middle.
3. Pour one 6-ounce ladle of warm Thai Peanut Sauce over the tofu and rice. Be sure to cover all the tofu
with sauce to warm it up.
4. Put a handful of bean sprouts on top of the sauce, piling as high as possible. On top of the bean sprouts, place a few leaves of cilantro.
5. Around the edge of the bowl, arrange four slices of cucumber and tomato.
6. Garnish with a wedge of lemon. Repeat for each serving.
Thai Peanut Sauce
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 inch ginger root, peeled and minced
1 1/2 cups natural smooth peanut butter (I used crunchy!)
3/4 cup lemon juice
5 tbsp. tamari (I used soy sauce)
2 tbsp. paprika
2 cups water
cayenne pepper to taste
1. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
2. Heat gently for 10 minutes, stirring often. Serve hot.