Sunday, December 23, 2012

Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts

This is my favourite appetizer!!!!  All of this time, I thought this was something unique my Mom made, but after Googling it, it looks like it is extremely popular!  It is a great appetizer to make for guests because it is pretty easy, does not involve a lot of ingredients, and seems fancier than it is.  Sometimes I make it even when guests are not coming over because then I do not have to pretend to be polite and can just eat them all myself.


Ingredients
1/2 cup ketchup
5 heaping tbsp brown sugar
package of bacon
water chestnuts (whole, from a can)

Mix together ketchup and brown sugar in a small bowl.  Cut bacon into thirds.  Coat each slice of bacon in ketchup mixture and wrap it around a water chestnut.  Secure with toothpick.  Bake for 15 min at 375 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment