Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Easy Vegetarian Lasagna with Squash!

This particular lasagna that I made was not the prettiest - I think because the filling was a bit runny.  However, it is an extremely quick and easy way to make a delicious vegetarian lasagna with squash in it, which makes it a bit different.  This is my own recipe - I thought of it all by myself!!!

Ingredients
1 package fresh lasagna noodles (or 12 dry lasagna noodles, but be sure to cook them first)
Frozen spinach, cooked and drained well (use paper towel to remove as much moisture as possible!)
Frozen pureed squash, cooked
1 tub ricotta cheese
Lots of mozzarella cheese, grated (I barely had any - hence the lack of much of a cheese topping!)
Tomato sauce

Directions
Combine cooked spinach, squash, and ricotta cheese in a large bowl.  Season with nutmeg and black pepper.  Layer in a large pan - start with tomato sauce, then noodles, filling, repeat a few times; end with mozzarella cheese on top!  Bake at 375 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment