Thursday, March 22, 2012

Gnocchi Goodness

I don't necessarily like gnocchi specifically, but I think it is a super easy way to make fresh pasta.  When I say super easy, I mean in comparison to hauling out the pasta maker and feeding the dough through and rolling it.  The best time to make gnocchi is when you have leftover mashed potatoes! 


Ingredients
1 cup mashed potatoes
1 cup flour
1 egg

Directions
Mix ingredients together and knead until it forms a ball.  Grab a small portion of the dough and roll out into a worm-shaped worm (couldn't think of another word...worm-shaped....structure?).  Cut worm into several 1 inch pieces.  Press each piece with a wet fork, if you want to be fancy.  Cook in boiling, salted water until they float! 

Sauce
Top with sauce made from canned tomatoes (posted in a previous thread).  If I were a cool blog person, I would add the link in here, but I am not, so you will have to fend for yourself!

Story
When we made this, Aki was kneading the dough and I came up beside him and said, "need anything?"  And he said, "no, just the dough!"  Get it?  HAHAHAHA we are so funny!  That's definitely a knee-slapper.  Actually the funnier part is that I was going to say the exact same thing, but Aki stole my joke before I got to say it.  Rude! 

No comments:

Post a Comment