Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Salmon & Avocado Handrolls

Boy oh boy am I ever bored!  I am working on a big review paper on the role of dieting in binge eating disorder (a psychological disorder where individuals eat a large amount of food in a short time, while feeling out of control).  Ironically, it is making me extremely hungry.  I made the mistake of looking at this picture this morning and am now craving salmon & avocado handrolls very badly!!!  I had to make due with some leftover fried rice (I accidentally typed "friend" instead of "fried" - apparently, fried rice is my friend.  I just did it again), as I don't have any of these ingredients on hand.

 
These are simple to make, but you do have to have fresh, raw, sashimi-grade salmon (sliced thinly).  The other ingredients include:  avocado, Japanese rice, and Korean roasted seaweed.  You can use Japanese seaweed instead, but I reallllllllly like the Korean roasted seaweed.  Yum.  It is more oily and salted, but comes apart pretty easily which makes it a bit messy.  You can see me in the back of the picture there, using my chopsticks to gather up the handroll without getting my hands messy!  You can also see some kim chi in the top left corner, which was bought in a huge bucket from a Korean grocery store in Scarborough.
This is definitely one of my favourite foods.  I would say top 3.  Top 1, maybe.  Wow, yes I do believe it is my absolute favourite food.  Interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment