Thursday, February 09, 2012

Raw Food - Sardines

I like raw food a lot.  It may gross some people out but it is probably my favourite way to have a lot of things, specifically with regards to seafood and meat.  I like to think that I am not picky and that I am open to a lot of different foods, however when it comes to meat and fish I am quite picky unfortunately.  I will eat everything especially if I am at someone's house or ordered it at a restaurant, but definitely prefer things cooked (or not cooked!) certain ways. 
This past weekend I ate A TON of seafood, most of it being raw.  Please be warned that this is not a smart thing to do.  For example, I ate a huge bowl of raw shrimp (those that I referred to in my previous post about Diana's Seafood store) and it seems as though my stomach can only handle a medium bowl of raw shrimp.  Lesson learned!
Here is a picture of something you may not have thought to try raw.  Fresh sardines!  They have to be very fresh in order to eat it raw and, surprise surprise, Diana's sells it fresh enough to eat raw.  Aki filleted the fish and topped it with grated ginger, green onions, and soy sauce.  YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment