Friday, July 27, 2012

Beef Eye of Round Roast

I think this recipe needs a better name, but it really is just a beef eye of round roast, so what can you do?  I was originally going to make a stew with the beef but felt like eating a roast.  I was not sure how it would turn out, as it is a leaner and cheaper cut of meat, and indeed it was a bit tough.  Well, that is life, and one day when I am rich I will only buy the finest cuts of meat.  Serve with horseradish, and lots of it (I love horseradish!).


Roast (3 pounds)
-cover with gravy (I had leftover gravy in my fridge, but I think you can omit this step)
-season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder
-preheat oven to 500 degrees F for 20 minutes (although my oven only went up to 450 F.  Lame!)
-roast in oven, uncovered, for 21 minutes (3 minutes/pound)
-when it is done, without opening the oven door at all, let sit in oven for 1 to 2 hours
-take it out and let sit for half an hour
-slice thinly


Green Beans
-cook green beans lightly (I prefer to steam them)
-add 2 tbsp butter, salt and pepper, juice of half a lemon, 3 tbsp minced parsley


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment