Wednesday, August 01, 2012

How to Grill a Whole Fish

What a fresh meal!  My dad went fishing and caught a bunch of rainbow trout, which Aki then prepared for dinner in 2 different ways.  I prefer my fish steamed with ginger, green onion, and soya sauce; but he much prefers it barbequed.  We also had it with a side of fresh vegetables from my grandmother's garden.  Unfortunately I can't tell you what type of vegetables these are because I do not know what they are called, but they are delicious and taste a bit like spinach (but better!).  Also, as you may have noticed all of the protein-rich meals lately, my iron levels are fantastic and I have not been tired!  So, thank you meat, fish, iron pills, and protein powder.

Grilled Fish
-sprinkle outside and inside with a bit of salt
-heat up BBQ very hot
-grill directly on grill for 6 min one side, 5 min other side

-try not to be scared by the eyeballs and enjoy!  (notice how the head is conveniently not included in the picture).




Steamed Fish
-steam fish with grated ginger in large fry pan, covered, for about 15 min
-top with green onion and dash of soya sauce



Steamed Veggies
-steam veggies with sliced garlic until tender
-top with oyster sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment