Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Apple Crisp

This recipe is all crinkly from being used so much.  I had a bunch of apples that were starting to go bad (they were actually a bit mushy to begin with) so I decided to bake them.  This recipe is adapted from my Betty Crocker cookbook. 

6 apples
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
1/3 cup butter softened (i think i left this out)
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp nutmeg

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.  Grease large baking pan with butter.  Spread apples in pan.  In medium bowl, stir remaining ingredients until well mixed.  Sprinkle over apples.  Bake about 30 minutes until topping is golden brown and apples are tender.  Serve warm with ice cream.

I did not serve this with ice cream as I often ate it for breakfast.  However, having it for breakfast does not mean you cannot eat it with ice cream. 


No comments:

Post a Comment