Friday, October 14, 2011

Nathan Phillips Square Farmers' Market

I am writing another blog post this morning, as I am trying to delay proofreading a 104-page document.  Please, will be you be a dear and proofread my work?  On another sad note, there is only one more week left of the Nathan Phillips Square "Fresh Wednesdays" Farmers' Market.  I have really enjoyed going there every Wednesday since the Summer.  After it is over, I suppose I will have to go back to shopping at Chinatown for my fruits and vegetables.  Definitely not the same!  Anyways, this is what I picked up this week:


I am especially pleased with the swiss chard.  It's a true beauty!


Aki steamed the swiss chard quickly, and then made a delicious sauce to accompany it.

It consisted of:
-tahini/almond butter (2-3 tbsp)
-honey (1 tbsp)
-water or broth (1 tbsp)
-soy sauce (1 tsp)
-sesame oil (1 dash)

*mix together, put into microwave for 30 seconds to make runny, and pour over vegetables!

No comments:

Post a Comment