Monday, October 24, 2011

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

I have been very sick for just over a week now and Aki has been so amazing to me.  He has taken care of me so well, and I am finally on the mend (last time I said that I may have jinxed myself)!  Some of the things he has done for me are:  cooked every single meal, brought me things (e.g., water, cough syrup, kleenex), took care of me in the middle of the night, made me ginger honey tea, put vapor rub on my back, set up my humidifier each night, and cleaned (my dirty kleenexes off of the floor).  He let me take his pillow for the week so that I could sleep sitting up and I am sure he has not gotten a good night's sleep all week due to my coughing (and lack of a pillow).  THANK YOU SO MUCH!  I will make it up to you when I am well and cook you delicious things and pack you yummy lunches.
Here is a picture of a delicious meal Aki made for me a few weeks ago (when I wasn't sick and could actually drink wine!), when I was particularly stressed out.  It was so delicious I can't even describe it.  The pasta had a cooked smoked salmon vodka tomato sauce, which we both have never had before, and I have no idea how I have lived so long without tasting such a thing.  MMM.  The salad had avocado, goat cheese, and green onion, with a delicious dressing which I will post below.  And gerbera flowers are my favourite.  <3


Salad dressing recipe (adapted from allrecipes.com):
1/3 cup olive oil
3 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment