Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Curry Bowtie Pasta Salad

This pasta salad is a PARTY PLEASER!!!!!!!!!!  It is also aesthetically pleasing.  Hahaha, sounds like I am tooting my own horn, but it is true.  Facts are facts, what can I say?  This recipe is adapted from allrecipes.com, and when I say "adapted," I really mean it.  It is supposed to be a chicken salad, with the primary ingredient being chicken (obviously), but I changed it into a pasta salad. 


1 package of bowtie pasta, cooked
4 sprigs of green onion, chopped finely
2 apples, diced
1/2 cup raisins
1 to 2 cans of mandarin oranges or pineapple, drained
1/2 cup pecans pieces or sliced almonds, toasted
1/2 cup shredded coconut, toasted
3/4 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup mayonnaise
3 tbsp curry powder
pepper to taste

Directions:  THROW EVERYTHING IN A BOWL AND STIR!!!!!!!  (Not sure why I felt the need to write that in capslock, but perhaps it was to emphasize the ease and fun of the recipe). 

Amendment:  You will probably actually want to withhold the coconut and sprinkle on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment