Saturday, March 17, 2012

Healthy Smoothie Mix

I drink a lot of smoothies (enhanced with extra goodness - see below) in the summer for breakfast or for a snack, especially when it is very hot and I don't really feel like eating.  However, in the winter I don't have as many because I get cold easily.  Since I have been feeling very tired lately, I have decided to start drinking them again so that I can ingest more protein (via the protein powder). 

This mixture consists of: 
10 heaping tbsp rice protein powder (vanilla flavoured)
10 tbsp ground flax seeds
10 tbsp oatmeal
10 tsp of chia seeds (watch out - they really stick in your teeth!)
10 heaping tsp wheat bran
10 heaping tsp wheat germ
5 tsp cinnamon


I used to add all of these  ingredients separately, one-by-one, and it would take a long time!!!  Since then I have smartened up and just make this mix once in a while, which saves a lot of time.  I actually shake the bottle up before I use it so that everything is nicely mixed together.

To make the smoothie, I use:
1 banana
3 tbsp peanut or almond butter OR small handful of frozen fruit
3 heaping tbsp of the mixture
1/4 cup greek yogurt
half milk, half water (enough to fill up the rest of the magic bullet container)

BLEND!  DRINK!  ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment