Friday, August 31, 2012

Easiest Shrimp Gazpacho Recipe

Although it is true that I have not read all other gazpacho recipes to know if this is the easiest (in fact, I have not read any other gazpacho recipes), I am making an educated guess that this one is the easiest.  It is so easy that it is a bit funny to eat/drink if you know what is in it.  Nonetheless, it was pretty tasty!  This recipe is adapted from The South Beach Diet Quick and Easy Cookbook by Arthur Agatston.  I guess he is true to his word about the quick and easy part!

10 large shrimp
3 cups tomato juice (I used V8!), chilled
3/4 cup salsa
1/4 cup water
1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp olive oil
Dash of tobasco sauce
Dash of Worcestershire sauce
Pepper to taste

Quickly fry shrimps until just cooked and set aside.  In a large bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients and stir.  Dish out into bowls and top with shrimp. 



No comments:

Post a Comment