Friday, August 31, 2012

Easy Crabcake Recipe

It seems like we have been eating a lot of things in cake form....hamburgers for dinner, pancakes for breakfast, and now crabcakes for dinner!  I've wanted to make these for some time now and am reminded every time I see the fancy jars of crab meat pieces in grocery stores.  They are usually pretty expensive, but I decided that today (actually, yesterday) was the day for a treat!  So, $15 dollars later, I made myself 7 moderately sized crabcakes which were surprisingly filling!

Recipe adapted from allrecipes.com

2 eggs
6 tbsp mayo
8 tsp lemon juice
pinch red pepper flakes
2 tbsp dried spice (I used sage, but tarragon is recommended)
3 tbsp minced green onion
450 mL of crab meat pieces
1 1/2 to 2 cups of breadcrumbs

Whisk together  first 6 ingredients, then gently add in crab meat, being careful not to break up the pieces of crab.  Add in breadcrumbs until mixture forms a nice consistency (one in which you could form patties from).  Form 7 to 8 patties and fry on both sides until cooked thoroughly and browned on each side.

Serve with homemade tartar sauce (plain yogurt with some relish mixed in).



No comments:

Post a Comment