Sunday, March 24, 2013

Avocados Filled with Shrimp

I love avocados, so I obviously really liked this recipe.  It is adapted from a cookbook called "Eva's Kitchen" - Eva, as in Eva Longoria.  I haven't made too many recipes from it, but hope to soon.  It's a great book with beautiful pictures and some unique recipes.  This dish is really more of an appetizer, not a main course, which is how I tried to serve it. 

1 pound shrimp (use smaller ones than the ones I used), cooked and chilled
1 medium tomato, diced
1/2 medium white onion, diced
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 lime, juiced
Seasoning (e.g., salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder)
4 ripe avocados

In large bowl, mix shrimp, tomato, onion, mayonnaise, lime juice, and seasoning.  Cut avocados in half and remove pits.  Fill each half with filling.


No comments:

Post a Comment