Sunday, July 31, 2011

Anniversary Dining

We started our day with a nice, healthy breakfast complete with hello kitty toast and mimosas.  Note the new cast iron pan!  Now every time bits of the pan come off I can be excited to get more iron instead of being worried about the toxins from teflon coating.  I gave the pan to Aki as a present (along with a vacuum - exciting presents, I know).  He then proceeded to accidentally light the pan on fire.  A big fire too - I thought I was going to have to get out the fire extinguisher. 


Next, we had some delicious wine we saved from our Niagara trip in June for this special day.  It is a Malivoire 2009 Courtney Gamay.


Finally, we ended the night at Bistro 990 and shared a baked alaska.  This was the first time I have had this and it was pretty good!



No comments:

Post a Comment